よこそ /22. sydney is my current abode. singapore is where my heart has always been.
loves my God and my family. is a chronic messy room-neat appearence girl.
This site is best viewed in 1280x768, Mozilla Firefox
最近 /happy 1st of december!
i just had an epiphany
one two three four tell me that you love me more.
first day back into the grind.
友達へ /bethanyipc ame andrea athalie emily eunice erinn evelyn jofid jordan lee man mandy mingfei ning phoebe tammy vicki william zhihui
アーカイブズ /May 2003
© Copyright Headlight 2008 - Forever.
All Rights Reserved.
//Monday, December 29, 2008 5:17 pm
finished Jiang Rong's Wolf Totem and Shoko Tendo's Yakuza Moon within the span of Christmas day the 25th to today the 29th. RARH. (Wolf Totem requiring from Christmas day to early morning 29th and Yakuza Moon from Boxing day, 26th, to the 29th)
and still between all that, Portal isn't working for me as yet. pfft. -.-
well YF Retreat, Christmas and Boxing Day came and went without much of a glitch. i didn't feel like braving the Boxing day crowds so i stayed at home catching up on sleep lost from the YF retreat, (eventhough it wasn't that much), and woke up late. mmm, i think the one thing that really makes my holidays is the fact that i can wake up late and that would have no adverse reaction on me. cept prob skipping out on a few meals and having not much of a plan. meh.
many friends are overseas, and i think this year, i'll end my year by spending it with family. it's been a while. and i think, i'll curb my partying. i've caused my parents enough grief as it already is. and i don't really wanna be made the person that supposedly led my sisters astray. (though i think i wouldn't mind a few nights out with friends. just as long as i get home via a ride. i hate the public transport here in sydney)
and i think, i need to start getting closer to Him. i've been neglecting my walk with Him for quite sometime. and it's gonna be hard, but i think i need to. i need to start practising his Preceptive will.
i'm off to do some Sims, while this comp is SLOWLY loading up PORTAL. pah.
//Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:07 am
16 Random Facts:
1. I'm quite the awkward person. I stumble on sentences, say the lamest things during conversations and make relationships with people around me really tensed by saying all the wrong things.
2. I have yet to make my parents proud. I spend countless nights just crying myself to sleep just wondering what i did wrong. It's a wonder i didn't turn into an emo kid.
3. I have the entre Love Hina Manga collection, a half finished X Clamp manga collection, the first few eds of Saiyuki Reloaded, vols 1-3 of kare kano, and random ones (some cafe kichijo, errr, some one shots, and wild ones).
4. Most people cannot connect me, with the room i sleep in. xD as i always say, there is a sense of order in chaos. as much as my parents beg to differ.
5. I have a scar on my chin from stacking it in the sandpit when i was in kindy. stitched up twice, second time opening from a boy in class standing up just as i was peering over his shoulder.
6. I like sketching + painting, but when forced with an assignment or to complete an art commission, i get artist's block, usually the results are atrocious. same goes for my piano playing, which is why i never liked lessons and music exams.
7. When i was younger, I used to have glasses that had to accomodate for my long sightedness in my left and my short sightedness in my right. Later on, as it was being gradually corrected, i wore contact lenses only in my right eye for a period of time.
8. I like my dad's music; carol kidd and carol king, soulful singing at its best.
9. I miss muffie. D:
10. When I'm not in the mood for [insert event here], I either go along and be extremely listless or coop myself at home with a good book/sleep. (eg. when i'm not in the mood for shopping, yadayadayada...)
11. Why scare yourself unneccesarily? I try to avoid horror/zombie-related movies as much as i can... ><
12. I was the dreamer in primary school; teachers used to write in my report card that i daydreamed too much and often caught me staring out of the window at nothing at particular, not paying attention/participating in class. (not saying that my grades were flagging, cos in fact, it was the total opposite XD)
13. I secretly think my sisters are so much more cooler than i am. kekeke~ (and no, they didn't bribe me to type this up)
14. I'm scared of the uncertainty of my university degree; what exactly can i do after i graduate??? with all the immuno-related labs in syd being of such high standards, i don't think i even stand a chance getting into a simple lab assistant job.
15. My granny once told me she thought my parents are being overly strict on me (as a 20 year old) XD
16. As much as my parents seem to be angry at me all the time, i have to admit, i'm the one that gets the most privileges from both of them, as compared to my sisters.
The 16 wonderful people I chose to carry on this tradition:
4. Aaron? XD
13. whoever reads my blog and feels bothered to. :D
//Friday, December 05, 2008 2:01 am
kimochi da ne~
not saying i'm terribly overjoyed, or smiling like a sappy lovestrucked puppy at the computer screen, but, i guess right now, it feels like a load's been taken off my chest.
..after having achieved my credit average. two credits and a pass for my last semester, which is an up from the previous semester. i need to get my game back up. can't be so distracted like i was previously during the later part of '07 and earlier part of '08. can't afford to stuff up again.
...and making amends. grudges just make my heart die faster. to re-visit old friendships. and to take it with a pinch of salt, knowing well what we did wrong previously (which resulted in the spat). here's to another new year ahead (with you?) and i will pay you back! just tell me how much i owe you. :P
...not forgetting, coming to terms with the fact that you cannot like someone. stepping back a little, i think i can see things better this way, from afar. you're not right for me :P but you are a good guy (albeit with your little quirks + slightly manipulative nature, but hey, everyone's human :)) all the best with your new girl. oh and just so you know, ciggs are called "tabako" in japanese (just don't go overboard alright) safe journeys!
so far my holidays have been made up of springing surprises on everyone, myself included.
never thought i would bother to train it all the way to cabra just to bum at diep's place (and navigating him all the way down to from cabra to my place :D). sprung one on my sisters (and granny) when he decided to stay for dinner and tutor my little sis, oh and teaching that someone basic piano too. XD metronome sway~
catching up with the guys at muli's and practising my half-baked mahjong skills, and learning army chess (i still stand by my case of sheer beginner's luck. XD) and cooking for the whole bunch of guys. sigh, imagine if me and cathy weren't there. DISASTER.
organising the j-friends outing and so many ppl bailing on me! D: but in the end, still stuck to it, and it was a cosy one of just anita, tomo, daishin and myself. always 2 is good! maki put on a really good northern accent in this film!
and then surprising myself; after an evening of contemplation, i decided to crash his party. on the same night of the j-friends outing. i felt like there has to be some sort of explanation and closure to certain things. :)
and it feels great, to have done all that
can't wait for the rest of the holidays.